Work-family conflict is much higher in the United States than elsewhere in the developed world. 90 percent of American mothers and 95 percent of American fathers report work-family conflict. 70 percent of American children live in households where all adults are employed. Nearly one in four Americans-more every year-are caring for elders.
Most adults have multiple stressors that can damage everyday life for self, children, employers, grandparents. Our Work and Family Seminar is a four-hour course that identifies points of stress and designates strategies to promote happy healthy work and family environments. At the end of this seminar you’ll be able to:
- Set needed limits in all areas of your life and use time management strategies
- Avoid old family patterns that are destructive or draining
- Care for and designate resources for aging parents
- Practice good communication skills with your spouse or significant other to maintain a vibrant relationship
- Be a better parent
- Identify problem behaviors in children and implement tactics to encourage better behavior
- Use job management skills and apply limits between work and home
- Give yourself time to take care of yourself, nurture friendships, develop hobbies and enjoy personal growth.