Individuals with assertiveness problems are more likely to experience or develop anxiety disorders, low self esteem and relationship problems. Assertiveness training is a very effective way at overcoming assertiveness difficulties.
The group is skill focused and takes an action oriented approach to overcome the lack of assertiveness in a very effective and efficient way.
Do any of the following statements apply to you?
- I have difficulty saying “no” to others.
- I tend to take on too much and then feel overwhelmed.
- Sometimes people take advantage of my willingness to help.
- I prefer to be asked my opinion and not offer it.
- I put up with a lot before I get angry.
If so, you may be a candidate for the assertiveness group. The focus of the group is self-confidence, self-esteem and assertiveness. The group is composed of men and women and members will assist one another with recognizing patterns of behavior which may be preventing optimal functioning.