Weekly support for adults who are suffering from OCD. The group’s focus involves providing members with support, guidance, and treatment related to their own progress. We aim to help develop and promote healthy social interaction and provide the opportunity to receive peer feedback in a safe, supportive, nonjudgmental environment.
The group is a great opportunity to establish relations with others who can appreciate the daily challenges of this potentially disabling condition.
The goals of the group are to help develop:
- Knowledge About OCD Types
- Self-Management Techniques
- An Understanding of How Automatic Thoughts, Unconscious Rules / Beliefs, and Thinking Styles Contribute to OCD
- Goal Setting and Follow-Through
- Positive Coping Strategies to Replace Negative Coping Strategies
- Ability to Manage Symptoms of OCD and Anxiety
- Improved Self Esteem
Call our intake department today for more information: (201) 488-6678
Rick Rothman, MSW, LCSW
Groups are open-ended and most private insurances are accepted.
New members are always welcome!